Friday, July 3, 2009

friday already!

it seems that only yesterday it was monday, oh well, time flies when you're busy, right! i wanted to upload these layouts on monday, but what can i say, it's friday and i'm just getting around to it! this first one is justin's loves at his age, but i put what i know that he loves, but he also made a list and there are different things on it, so i might have to do another one for him!



this next one i scraplifted from a layout by heather bowser that was in scrapbook etc. mag. i just loved it so much that it's pretty darned close to the original! the interesting part about this is the polka dotted pattern paper that i used is the cut out piece from the layout above and i didn't want to cover it up.



a funny story about this last one. is that both times that elki came over to sleep lately we would go downstairs to my scrap room and while i worked on a layout, she would make a b-day card or father's day card. when i finished this one, i held it up to her and asked if she liked it and she put her head to one side and really took her time and thought about it and then said 'try it again!' well reg sometimes says that a layout may not be my best work, but i must say that elki is my harshest critic! :)

4 comments:

famille1999 said...

Rofl! I love the story behind that last LO! =) Geez, kids pick up all those expressions and comments don't they. Well I love those three LOs. I really like the movement of the dotted pp in the second one. It was a great idea to keep it for another one.

Have a great weekend Patti! :)

Barb said...

LOVE that paper with the dots! Wow! What company makes it?

Your work is always so lovely. I'm glad I still have a chance to enjoy it. :)

Ruth said...

Well I think that layout is super cute !! it's a funny little story though :)
Great use of the dotty paper,both layouts are great using it,and it looks completely different in the middle to the edge.....I never would have guessed !

Anonymous said...

:O I can see she takes after her grand-father ;) I think those 3 pages are scrumptious ! Love how vibrant they all are :) Don't ask Elki anymore what she thinks and everything will be allright ;)

Carine